In July 2021, Microsoft announced Windows 365 to deliver a full, personalised PC experience from the cloud to any device, giving workers and organisations power, simplicity, and security for hybrid work.
- Work anywhere: Pick up where you left off with your secure, personalised Windows experience on any device.
- Simplify management: Conveniently access and manage cloud PCs anytime.
- Access all your resources: Use popular business apps, custom and line-of-business apps, and all your data and content.
- Purchase and provision in minutes.
How do I know if Windows 365 is right for my organisation?
Windows 365 Business is for organisations (up to 300 users) that want a simple way to buy, deploy, and manage Cloud PCs. Examples of use:
- Giving people outside your organisation access to your systems without having to dedicate hardware or increase risk, keeping all your data and security in your control
- Working from home without having to provide additional compute hardware
- Working from world-wide locations and ensuring your data stays where you want it
- Giving users the flexibility to work from any device and get the same experience and business tools where ever they are
Windows 365 combines the power and security of the cloud with the versatility and simplicity of the PC.
It is simple to set up and deliver so you can stay focused on your team and your business.
- Increase productivity: Allow employees to work when and where they choose with Windows in the cloud streamed to any device.
- Minimise risk: Reduce security risks by storing and securing information in the cloud, not on devices.
- Reduce Environmental Impact: Why buy hardware when you don’t need to? Efficiencies in the cloud reduce the overall energy consumption as well.
- Manage costs: Your ongoing spend may be less over time where you don’t buy hardware upfront*
*this is dependant on your hardware spend, renewal polices and level of Windows 365 that you purchase.
“Just like applications were brought to the cloud with SaaS, we are now bringing the operating system to the cloud, providing organisations with greater flexibility and a secure way to empower their workforce to be more productive and connected, regardless of location.”
– Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, Microsoft.
What else do I need to consider?
As with any service, there are elements that you may need to factor into your overall strategy in terms of risk, cost control and user experience requirements.
You will still need to manage these devices and 3rd party applications you need. Also, if you are looking for the Enterprise version there are several components you will still need on premise to support this (as of August 2021).
How can Nine23 help?
Windows 365 is complementary to your existing device fleet and uses the power of Microsoft M365 to provide your users with a robust cloud-enabled PC to work from anywhere with any device.
We can help you as your trusted partner with the strategy, deployment and management of these services to fully enable your team and your business overall.
Our Cyber Security as a Service (CSaaS) service can also assist you in identifying and mitigating cyber security elements and ensure your systems are secure enough for your needs.