Nine23 are delighted to announce our membership of the UK Cyber Security Council.
The UK Cyber Security Council is the self-regulatory body for the UK’s cyber security profession. It develops, promotes and stewards nationally recognised standards for cyber security in support of the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy to make the UK the safest place to live and work online.
As the focal point for the UK cyber security profession, the Council works closely with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), the UK’s national technical authority for cyber security, to define and develop the skills the country needs.
The UK Cyber Security Council’s vision is:
The vision of the UK Cyber Security Council is that the United Kingdom should be one of the most secure places anywhere in the world to do business in cyberspace. To help this vision become reality, the role of the Council is to be the umbrella body for existing professional organisations, and to drive progress towards meeting the key challenges faced by the cybersecurity profession.
Its mission is:
- to be the self-regulatory body for, and voice of, the cyber security profession
- to develop, promote and provide stewardship of the highest possible standards of expertise, excellence, professional conduct and practice in the profession, for the benefit of the public.
Its aims are to:
- inspire, inform and advance public cyber security awareness and knowledge
- create an open, inclusive and professional cyber security culture
- influence cyber security best practices that proactively benefit the public in the UK and beyond
- act as the reference point for cyber security professional standards, competence and commitment
Uniquely supported by the UK Government and with a Board of experienced industry professionals, the UK Cyber Security Council will play a central role in driving the cyber security industry forwards, through its member organisations. There is no better opportunity for the profession to influence its own direction and development than by being an active member organisation of the Council.
Nine23 are proud to be a part of the ‘voice for the cyber security profession’ and look forward to a successful relationship.
Find us on the list of council members here: